Thursday, October 25, 2018

Composting the Annuals


Composting the Annuals

I love that I-Photo's default opens to my pictures of one year ago. This one is October 26, 2017.  Right on schedule this year too. Always makes me a little melancholy ...

 Here's a blessing from Centering Prayers by Peter Traben Haas
 On my way to the heart of God
Lord of the Seasons:
I await the revealing of barren branches and windy November nights. I feel life changing around me. I feel it in my body. Like the earth,  I too am in transition: a pilgrim on my way to your heart.
I encounter sickness and am humbled; yet healing is provided.
I walk through depression and feel overwhelmed; yet new thinking emerges.
Beyond this earth there is still more of you and your creation.
Beyond all my troubles and disappointments, you are, and all is well.
Lifted up into the silent mystery of my heart unveiled to your unyielding love, I journey onward in prayer through all the seasons of life’s earthly passage.

No comments:

Post a Comment